Thanks to your wonderful response to our mailer to honor the victims of the 1972 Flood with a gift of $19.72, we have raised more than $3000 to protect our parks. With the generous match pledged by a supporter, that doubles to more than $6000. We have until June to reach our goal of $10,000, and hope you will join us. Your tax deductible gift will help Friends of Rapid City Parks take action in this important year to do the following:
- Acquire at least one of the parcels designated by the Floodplain Development Committee as “park.”
- Press for adoption of an ordinance that adds parkland to the municipal system.
- Urge the removal of the tennis court at Eighth Street, restoring green space along that section of Rapid Creek.
- Support the Vision 2012 Project, which calls for completion of the storm water, trail and beautification project at West Boulevard and Omaha Street.
- Champion increases to the park and recreation budget to support their increasing responsibilities.
- Encourage engagement and increase visibility for park-related educational programs.
It’s easy. Make your tax deductible commemorative gift at GiveBlackHills.org